FCA & Regulators
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. Use this information to decide if our services are right for you.
Whose products do we offer?
We are an intermediary acting for Acasta European Insurance Company Limited (registered no.96218)which is authorised and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority for the conduct of UK business. Details about the extent of Acasta’s regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority are available from Acasta on request. We are contractually obliged to provide products underwritten by Acasta and do not provide a fair and personal analysis of the market.
Which service will we provide you with?
We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs.
What will you have to pay us for our services?
You do not have to pay us for our services. We receive commission being a percentage of the premium paid by you paid to us by insurers
Who regulates us?
Zest is a trading name of Home Appliance Guard Limited which is an appointed representative of Alternative Propositions Ltd. whose contact address is Anglia House, Carrs Road, Cheadle, SK8 2LA. Alternative Propositions Ltd which is. authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under the registration number 602443. Alternative Propositions Ltd. is permitted to arrange general insurance contracts. You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
What to do if you have a complaint?
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us either:
- In writing – Customer Services Department, zest, 3 Poole Road, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH2 5QJ.
- By phone – Freephone 0800 888 6666.
- By email – CustomerServices@zestplan.com
Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim without any upper limit. Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS on 0800 678 1100 or at www.fscs.org.uk.
Period of Cover
Your policy will commence from the Start Date shown on your Policy Schedule and irrespective of the payment frequency (i.e. monthly, quarterly or annually) will automatically renew unless you request us to cancel your policy or we are unable to take payment for your renewal.
What is Covered?
You are covered under this policy for Breakdown and Accidental Damage during the Policy Period. In the first instance we will try to resolve the problem you are having with your Appliance through our helpline. If it is not possible to resolve the problem with your Appliance over the telephone we will send a Repair Agent to repair your Appliance.
We will provide you with a new Replacement Appliance of the same or similar make and specification. In the unlikely event we are unable to provide you a new Replacement Appliance, we will offer you a cash settlement in line with the current replacement value of your Appliance. You will be responsible for disposing of the original Appliance at your own cost if it remains in your possession. You will also be liable to pay for the supplier’s delivery and/or installation charges.
There is no limit to the number of times you can claim during the Policy Period. You are able to make a claim under this policy for losses up to the claim limit shown on your Policy Schedule for the Appliance(s) identified as covered in your Policy Schedule.
What is Not Covered?
The following is excluded from the cover provided under this Policy:
- Repairs or Replacements to the Appliance where such faults are covered by the manufacturer’s, supplier’s or repairer’s guarantee;
- Where the Appliance is subject to a recall either by the manufacturer or supplier;
- Faults which are subject to a manufacturer or supplier recall;
- Faults resulting from you failing to follow the operating instructions of the Appliance including any modifications to the Appliance;
- Any claim where you use the Appliance for a non-domestic purpose or in a commercial environment;
- Any fault or damage arising from theft, attempted theft, malicious damage, misuse, neglect, poor installation, or any damage caused by fire, explosion, floods, lightning, storms, frost or bad weather conditions, rust corrosion or water;
- Faults or damage resulting from a software virus, the configuration of user settings, the backing up or recovery of data, the loss, corruption or damage of/to data or the operating system of the Appliance;
- Routine maintenance, cleaning and servicing;
- Any repair work we have not authorised or which is not carried out by one of our approved Repair Agents;
- Any Appliance which has to be repaired outside of the United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland;
- Any costs incurred as a result of not being able to use the Appliance;
- The Replacement of any item which is intended to be replaceable such as fuses, batteries and light bulbs;
- Rust or corrosion damage which does not affect the use of the Appliance;
- Cosmetic damage which does not affect the use of the Appliance;
- Any costs incurred as a result of the Appliance’s connecting cabling or pipework not being installed properly;
- An Appliance which was not working in accordance with the manufacturer’s specification before the policy was taken out;
- You are not covered for any claim arising from war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, terrorism, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation or nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority;
- Any faults relating to broadband connection;
- Faults due to the need to realign/re-site your mini-dish or LNB Communal Satellite dishes and cabling.
How to Make a Claim Under This Policy
If you experience any issues with your Appliance during the Policy Period You should call our helpline number 0800 888 6666 which is open 24/7 365 days a year or email us at:CustomerServices@zestplan.com. In the first instance we will:
- Try to remedy any issues over the telephone.
- If we cannot resolve the issue we will arrange for a Repair Agent to contact you.
- Where necessary arrange for one of our Claims Advisors to contact you to discuss your claim. We may also ask for the completion of a claim form and proof of purchase
Zest, Alternative Propositions Ltd and Acasta European Insurance Company Limited are committed to preventing insurance fraud.
If you or anyone acting for you:
- Makes a claim that you know to be false or exaggerated;
- Makes a statement in support of a claim knowing the statement to be false; or
- Makes a claim in respect of any loss or damage caused by your wilful act or with your connivance;
- Will not pay the claim;
- Will cancel the policy;
- Shall be entitled to recover from you the amount of any claim already paid under the policy including the Repair Agent’s call out charge;
- Shall not return any of the Premium that you have paid; and
- May inform the Police of the circumstances.
Cancelling This Insurance Policy
You may cancel this policy at any time by contacting us either by:
- Calling our free phone helpline number 0800 888 6666;
- Writing to us at Zest, Customer Services Department, 3 Poole Road, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH2 5QJ.; or
- Emailing us at CustomerServices@zestplan.com.
If you cancel this policy within 14 days of receipt of your policy documentation you will receive a full refund of any Premium you have paid to us provided you have not made a claim in which case we reserve the right to deduct the cost of that claim from the refund of Premium which is due to you.
Monthly or Quarterly Policies: If you cancel this policy at any other time you will not receive a refund of any Premium you have paid to us and the cancellation will be effective immediately.
Annual Policies: If you cancel this policy at any other time you will be entitled to receive a pro-rata refund depending on the remaining time on your policy. If a claim or an incident that may give rise to a claim has occurred the claim amount will be deducted from the pro-rata refund.
This Policy will automatically terminate if you fail to pay the Premium due to us.
We seek to provide you with an extremely high standard of service. In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the service provided please contact us by either:
- Calling our free phone helpline number 0800 888 6666;
- Writing to us at Customer Services Department, zest, 3 Poole Road, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH2 5QJ.; or
- Emailing us at CustomerServices@zestplan.com
We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 business days of receiving it and do our best to resolve matters within 2 weeks. If you are dissatisfied with the response you receive in relation to your complaint from us or your complaint is not resolved within 8 weeks by us, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
You may contact the Financial Ombudsman at: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR.
Telephone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123.
Following this complaint procedure does not affect your right to take legal action.
Complaints About The Insurer
We aim to give our customers a high standard of service at all times. If you are unhappy with our service for any reason, initially please raise your concerns with Zest. If your complaint is not resolved or you are unhappy with our response and the course of action proposed for any reason, we will pass your complaint to: Acasta European Insurance Company Limited, 5/5 Crutchett’s Ramp, Gibraltar, GX11 1AA. If you are still dissatisfied, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your case. They will handle most complaints which you may have concerning a contract of personal insurance. There are, however, a few instances in which they are not empowered to consider complaints.
If you have a monthly policy your policy will be automatically renewed each month. Then at the annual anniversary of your policy Start Date (and each subsequent anniversary thereafter) we will contact you about continuing your policy.
If you have a quarterly policy your policy will be automatically renewed each quarter. Then at the annual anniversary of your policy Start Date (and each subsequent anniversary thereafter) we will contact you about continuing your policy.
If you have an annual policy at the anniversary of your policy Start Date and at each subsequent anniversary thereafter we will contact you about renewing your policy. If you pay by Direct Debit, your renewal notice will show the amount we will automatically collect, unless you have advised us not to. You can notify us at any time, if you do not wish the policy to automatically renew, by email telephone, or post.
Alteration and Assignment
You are not permitted to assign to another person(s) or change in any way the rights under this policy without our written consent.
Your telephone calls may be recorded to monitor and improve the quality of the service we provide.
This Policy is underwritten by Acasta European Insurance Company Limited, 5/5 Crutchett’s Ramp, Gibraltar, GX11 1AA (registered no. 96218) which is authorised and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority for the conduct of UK business. Details about the extent of Acasta’s regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority are available from Acasta on request.
This Policy is administered by zest, an Appointed Representative of Alternative Propositions Ltd. Zest is registered in England. Company Number: 05927936, registered office: 3 Poole Road, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH2 5QJ.
Alternative Propositions Ltd. Is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 602443). This information can be checked by visiting the FCA’s website. Alternative Propositions Ltd. Is registered in England: Company Number 08253536, Registered Office: Anglia House, Carrs Road, Cheadle, SK8 2LA.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Acasta European Insurance Company Limited is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, established under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (the “compensation scheme”). If the Insurers are unable to meet their obligations under this policy an Insured Person may be entitled to compensation from the Compensation Scheme.
Protecting Your Personal Data
We are the Data Controller for the data you provide to us. We need to use your data in order to arrange your insurance and associated products and for marketing purposes (please let us know if you would prefer not to receive marketing information from us). You are obliged to provide information without which we will be unable to provide a service to you. We may pass your data to other organisations, such as insurers, auditors, external consultants, credit providers, banks, financial transaction processors, crime and fraud prevention agencies and databases and regulators. Our full privacy notice is available at https://zestplan.com/privacy-cookie-policy
We process all data in the UK but where we need to disclose data to parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA) we will take reasonable steps to ensure the privacy of your data. In order to protect our legal position, we will retain your data for a minimum of 7 years after the expiry of your policy.
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your data. You can request copies of the data we hold, have it corrected, sent to a third party or deleted (subject to our need to hold data for legal reasons). If you wish to complain about how we have handled your data, you can contact us and we will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your data incorrectly you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF Tel: 0303 123 1113
Exclusion of Third Party Rights
Nothing in this policy is intended to confer a directly enforceable benefit on any other party and therefore the provisions of the contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 do not apply.
The English Law governs this policy and any dispute concerning its interpretation, and the jurisdiction of The English Courts will apply. Zest will communicate in English unless we have agreed otherwise with you.
Direct Debit Guarantee
This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit zest Ltd. will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request zest Ltd. to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by zest Ltd. or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when zest Ltd. asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.